Ostro's new Head Chef Josh Shields (formerly Cafe Sydney) and Executive Chef Josh Emett have embraced the change of season with some new dishes that not only have spectacular flavour finesse, but equally look like the Autumn season that is now upon us.
Ostro serves up some heart warming classics that are as marvellous as the dining experience you will have there with loved ones or colleagues alike. Take note of these exciting new additions to the menu and enjoy your fine dining experience with exceptional wait staff at the ready to answer your questions, make recommedations and give advice on wine matches. And we haven't even mentioned those gorgeous waterfront views that await.
- Roasted Market Fish, squash puree, pickled cucumber, chilli, salted almond
- Crispy Pork Belly, creamed Brussels sprouts, black pudding, sherry caramel, sage
- Lamb Loin, braised shoulder, Roman gnocchi, kokihi, parsnip puree, chartreuse jus
As always with Ostro, the call to local produce could not be any more prominent, with the new menu a celebration of the land and sea that surrounds us. To add to the season - Bluffies are in and Ostro have several ways to celebrate the season at hand.
For oyster fanatics, feast your eyes on these dishes:
- Ceviche, chardonnay vinegar pearls, shallot and chive, paired with Veuve Cliquot Yellow label
- Natural with cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette / battered with wasabi mayonnaise, paired with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc
- Po boy, toasted brioche, wasabi mayonnaise, coriander paired with Cloudy Bay Chardonnay
The new cocktails are even more of a reason to visit Ostro, with a reinvented lists exploring the fusion of classics with a strong focus on everyday organic elements like dehydrated beets, burnt mandarin and a plethora of herbs and spices.