There is nothing more satisfying than celebrating a hard days work, than with a catch up with friends over a couple of drinks. And with the longer hours of sunlight, we want you to not only have a great time, but catch the last remaining rays for the day.
So we have put together a list of some our favourite bars in the Heart of the City where you can enjoy a few drinks and a little sunshine.
- Everybody's - Pictured above, Everybody's is the hottest new bar and bistro in town.
- Britomart Country Club - We love Britomart Country Club. It has just the right vibe for
- Snapdragon - Snapdragon in the Viaduct balcony gets some of the best afternoon sun. It does fill up quickly, so make sure you send someone down early to nap some seats.
- Tyler St Garage - Up the stairs in Tyler St Garage is a roof top bar with some of the best views of the Auckland waterfront.
- The Conservatory - The North Wharf has some of the best views of the Auckland harbour, and there is no better place to lap up the remaining sunlight than at The Conservatory.
- Fort St Union - One of the first roof top bars in Auckland, Fort St Union is perfect for those looking for a more casual drinking haunt.
- Rakinos - Rakinos is an Auckland institution. Make the most of the final hours of sunlight on the Rakinos balcony, while enjoying their regular DJ sets.
- My Bar - Perfect if you are after a meal and a drink as Renkon is right next door.
- The Occidental Belgium Beer Cafe - Also an Auckland institution. The Occidental is the perfect place to sit and watch the sun go down while catching up with friends.