What is the most important thing in the world? He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata.
Kiwis are achieving incredible things on the world stage. Symbolically Kiwi is our chance to share and celebrate these success stories, because when they succeed, we all succeed.
It shows us that they're not that different from you and I. That we're all the same people, we all have our own struggles, and if they can do it - then YOU can do it.
Symbolically Kiwi will feature:
- Helen Clark ONZ SSI PC: former Prime Minister of New Zealand, former UNDP Administrator
- Kane Williamson: NZ Cricketer and Black Caps Captain
- Michelle Dickinson (Nanogirl - STEM Activities for Kids) MNZM: Nanotechnologist, Science Educator, and Entrepreneur
- Nick Mowbray: Co-founder and Director of the ZURU Toys Company and ZURU Edge, EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2018
- Jess Bourke, "JessB": Rapper and Rising Star
- Joseph Parker OM: Former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Kirsten Dodgen: World Class Dancer
- Peter Beck: CEO and Founder of Rocket Lab
- Ranjna Patel ONZM QSM: Founder and Director of Tamaki Health, and Founder of Gandhi Nivas Gandhi Nivas
- Joe Daymond: Standup Comedian and Rising Star
Each of them will have an art piece created in the MrGeometric style, which will tell a story about them through shapes, symbolism, and material which are unique to that person. Together, these ten pieces give us a glimpse into our collective NZ story.
These massive life-size art pieces (1.2m x 2.4m) will be auctioned and the proceeds are all going towards 10 charities chosen by the Symbolic Kiwis.
We're highlighting some amazing Kiwis, but this exhibition isn't about them - it's about YOU.
There are stations throughout the exhibition where you will be able to pick up the Symbolic Kiwis' shapes, pose with them, and become part of their story by creating your own personalized art. You can share this on social media for a chance to win the only other copy (0.6m x 1.2m) of their art, as well.
YOUR OWN ART:
Please wear plain black clothing. This will allow you to recreate the art and fit in perfectly with our Symbolic Kiwis
At the end of the exhibition, we will print an A3 version of own personalized art. A reminder of your new-found belief in your unlimited potential. Take this home, stick it on your wall, and use it continual as inspiration to dream BIG.
This is a FREE event for the whole family - for the whole of NZ. Please bring your kids, there's advice from our Symbolic Kiwis which is specifically for them - they are our future.
Let's celebrate our success, let's take pride in what we've achieved as a nation, and let's harness our potential.
- Symbolically Kiwi will proceed at Level Two (and 2.5)
- Contact Tracing: A written sign in form or QR code will be available for visitors upon entry.
- Visitors will be limited to groups of ten at a time with a distance of 1 meter apart at all times.
- Be mindful and remember to practice standard hygiene.
- There will be hand steriliser stations available to use in the gallery.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.