We asked our Facebook fans for their favourite central city bars for a catch-up with friends, here are our favourite comments.
- Chris Tata - 'Would be high up at The Sugar Club for a few tasty nibbles, sipping on an Old Cuban whist the sun sets and the city lights up'.
- Leanne Taylo - 'Love The Crew Club, sitting outside with friends on their tiered deck with the view of the boats tied up at the wharf'.
- Marjorie MacLean - 'The Mezze Bar, Durham Lane, of course! Their rhubarb and bubble cocktail is delicious'.
- Lysa Dolan - 'Would love to head to Ostro to celebrate by birthday and have a Christmas catch-up - good food, great wines/cocktails and fantastic friends... perfect!'.
- Melanie Rachael - 'Xuxu! Love that place for cocktails, dumplings and catch ups'.
- Dylan-Jane Chaplin - 'Planning a catch up with the girls at Soul Bar! Best spot in the city for a drink and a gossip session'.
- Claire Chamberlain - 'The Housebar at Hotel DeBrett is my pick of all Auckland bars. Art Deco fabulousness with duck-egg blue walls, sippable chic cocktails and beers to please the blokes'.
- Silah Mack - 'Racket Bar would be ideal its cosy and quiet down a cute little lane with an outdoor fireplace just to the right of Atrium on Takutai'.
- Brisingr Black - 'Crab Shack, the cocktails there are so yum, ambience is appealing and spacious. Sea breezes and summer it will be a beautiful place to catch up with my girlfriends and family too'.
Last updated: 21 August 2020