The international day of the pickle is on the horizon once again. Although International Pickle Day is officially recognised on November 14, more than 25 Kiwi eateries (8 city centre eateries) are stretching the delicious celebrations across an entire week, with some very special additions featuring on menus from November 14-21.
Making a star appearance in Auckland is the toasted sandwich that swept the 2020 Great NZ Toastie Takeover judges off their feet – the ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ from Dunedin’s Hungry Hobos. The winning toastie and its creator Romeo Dowling-Mitchell will make a cameo appearance at Burger Burger Commercial Bay from November 15 to 17.
There is also a limited edition Six Barrel Pickle Soda, Cornflake fried McClure’s Pickles with tangy Jalapeño ranch from Lowbrow, a Bloody Mary & Pickle station at Saxon + Parole
- Bat out of Hell - Homemade meatloaf (made to Grandma’s recipe), creamy mashed potato, gravy, aged cheddar and McClure’s Sweet & Spicy Pickles slathered between herb-buttered ciabatta. (15-17 November – 12-2pm only)
- Cheese & Pickle Skins - Potato Skins served with McClure's pickles, aged cheddar, freeze-dry pickles, chipotle mayo
- Beef, Cheese & Pickle Skins - Potato Skins served with NZ grass-fed beef, McClure's pickles, aged cheddar, mustard, tomato jam & mayo
- Beer Battered McClure’s Pickles served with Chipotle Mayo
- Pickle soda
- Pickle Cocktail
- McClure’s Pickle & Mozzarella Pizza, Jamisons Pickle Backs
- Crispy tempura battered Sweet and Spicy crinkle cut McClure's Pickles with sriracha mayo
- Charcoal chicken hoagie, with Fix & Fogg Smoke & Fire satay, Sweet & Spicy Pickles
- Brothers Beer Movember Pickle x Beer Tasting Board
- Cornflake fried McClure’s pickles with tangy Jalapeño ranch
- Bloody Mary & Pickle Station
- Al’s Best Ugly Bagels -'Picolas Cage’ - McClure’s pickles, Zany Zeus cream cheese, tasty cheese, fresh chopped dill, onion soup mix served on a toasted sesame bagel cheese melt style.