Britomart's Oaken is having a Truffle Festival over 2 weeks in July to celebrate all things Truffle.
From 17 to 30 July Oaken customers can experience local and international truffle varieties from Kings Truffles through a mini menu offering over lunch and dinner, 4 Chef's Tables events and a Wine Series event.
There will be a menu available during the two weeks from 12pm till late.
- Truffled Parmesean Paprika Popcorn - $8
- Burrata Salad, bitter leaf, apple, truffle soil, hazelnut - $22
- Crostini, three mushroom and truffle salsa, percorino - $16
- Truffled Brie, Sweet Cracker - $16
The Chef's Table provides an intimate insight into the workings of a world-class kitchen for up to 8 guests. The Chef's Table is a chance to be up close and personal with Oaken's Executive Chef Sam Campbell and his team as they deliver a totally interactive and unforgettable first-hand dining experience with the hustle and bustle of a working kitchen behind them, with the opportunity to learn new and exciting cooking techniques.
You will enjoy an Amuse-Bouche, glass of Prosecco, 2 courses using the finest Truffle from Kings Truffles and cheese from NZ Cheese.
Chef Table events will take place on Tuesday 18 July, Saturday 22 July, Tuesday 25 July and Saturday 29 July.
Chef's Tables are $70 per person and subject to availability. Email email@example.com to book.
Truffle Wine Series
Wednesday 19 July, hosted by Pegasus Bay Winery, Vineyard, and Restaurant.
Enjoy 4 courses made by Oaken's Executive Chef Sam Campbell matched with 4 tastings of premium Pegasus Bay wines. The series is $100 per person,
Truffle Wine Series Menu:
- Potato blini, mascarpone whipped cauliflower, truffle, chives
- Melted leek, truffle & hazelnut linguine, truffle butter (truffle butter from King’s Truffle
- Duck rillettes croquette, chicken veloute, truffle
- Truffle honey ice cream, truffle honey, lavender shortbread
You can book a spot by emailing Oaken at firstname.lastname@example.org