Culley’s Smoke & Spice Festival at Shed 10 on 3rd & 4th September 2021 has been rescheduled. The event will now take place on Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th October 2021 with the following session times:
Saturday 23rd October
Sunday 24th October
This year Culley’s Smoke & Spice Festival remains committed to showcasing the very best in BBQ-ing!
Culley’s Smoke & Spice Festival is proudly supported by Mitre 10 and Jack Daniels is back for 2021 and bigger than ever. Two days of award winning food and must have BBQ equipment and demos, all going down at Auckland’s Shed 10 on the 3rd and 4th of September.
Enjoy NZ's best live fire-chefs, artisans, distillers and brewers. Expect sampling from Mitre 10’s top BBQ brands including Weber, Komodo Joe, Team BBQ War Tank ft Raptor Rubs, Grill Chief, Masterbuilt, Charmate, Traeger and Broil King, plus Whiskey Masterclasses with Jack Daniels, live music and more.
Three action-packed sessions across two days. Grab yourself a coffee from TINMAN and settle into this:
Epic fire-cooked meats from Morepork BBQ, The Big Smoke BBQ Co, The Dog Father, Poutine Machine, Smokin’ Cole, Bratwurst Bros & Brotisserie.
Visit the Jack Daniels Bloody Mary Station for a BBQ inspired Bloody Mary to kickstart the session. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of Ice Cream Social’s awesome desserts!
Swing by Mitre 10’s stand for a range of demo’s and displays from their top BBQ brands, PLUS they are joined by MotoHub’s Wheelburn hosts and motorsport personalities Mike Dawes & Cole Armstrongwith their Nissan Cefiro Drift Car and their Mazda RX7
Their very own BBQ Jesus a.k.a Noel Hassapladakis from the Meat Mafia Collective, one of NZ’s masters of Low and Slow has paired up with the Master of Butchery, better known as The Tattooed Butcher; James Smith. Together they combine their expertise to deliver a nose to tail 5-hour masterclass
Friday 3rd September 4-9pm
Saturday 4th September 10am-3pm & 3pm-9pm
Bring the family along - kids under 10 are free!
VIP tickets: $75
VIP Gate Access, Goodie bag and Private VIP Lounge & Bar area.
Masterclass: $175 - SOLD OUT
The Masterclass ticket includes show entry.
The very own BBQ Jesus a.k.a Noel Hassapladakis from the Meat Mafia Collective, one of NZ’s masters of Low and Slow has paired up with the Master of Butchery, better known as the Tattooed Butcher James Smith. Together they combine their expertise to provide a nose to tail masterclass. James will share tips for knife sharpening, butcher knots and much more, and Noel will take you through low ’n’ slow barbecue secrets.
This 4 hour class covering multiple proteins from trimming, cooking, and of course class attendees will be eating what is cooked. Don’t have breakfast is our advice! There will also be lots of opportunity to troubleshoot your own cooks on the pits you use at home. This is a serious opportunity to up your BBQ game!
Sampling and shopping with a whopping 15 different artisan vendors including:
- Top BBQ’s accessories and gadgets from Pure Q and Pit Barrell Cooker Co; Hand-crafted custom-made knives from Kiwi Blade Knives.
- Beautifully blended gut-pleasing kombucha and Water Kefir is available to sample from craft brewery brand, Isiko.
- Platter perfection from to Kiwi Artisan. Award-winning artisan meats from Zaroa; Traditional polish sausage from Polka Deli; and Prime NZ free-farmed sausage courtesy of L’Authentique.
- When it comes to single-use Casus Grill biodegradable BBQ’s, Epicure Trading have you covered.
- Sensational condiments, sauces, seasonings and dressings from Kruka Sauces, Uncle Dunkle’s, Culley’s, Zarbo, Rum & Que, Mrs Rogers & Chilli Hub.
- Wine fans rejoice! We haven’t forgotten you. Popular wine-brand Te Aro Wine is newly named Known Unknown and will be offering samples as well as available at the bar.
- Our brand-new Fermentation station to sample a range of craft beers from brands including: Garage Project, Epic Beer, Cassels Brewery & Parrot Dog.
- Back by popular demand we have The Rock Chop Shop & T-shirt press giving free haircuts and t-shirts throughout both sessions the on Saturday.