The CityLink is the easiest way to get around Auckland's city centre. It runs from Wynyard Quarter, along Queen St, up to K-Rd and then back down Queen Street. All the CityLink buses are bright red and are easy to spot. There's no need for a timetable either as the services run on such a regular basis.
Here are the key spots that will be right on your route or a one minute walk from where you hop off.
There is a $1.00 maximum adult and tertiary cash fare and $0.50 maximum child cash fare. Discounts apply when using your AT HOP card. CityLink is FREE when transferring to or from another bus or train when using AT HOP (Does not include SkyBus services).
Monday to Friday: Every 7 to 8 mins* from 6.00am to midnight*
Weekends & Public Holidays: Every 10 mins* from 6.20am to midnight*
*Actual frequency may vary
CityLink bus route
More about the CityLink bus
- The CityLink runs through the centre of the city and Wynyard Quarter
- Links with waterfront tram, trains, ferries, Northern Express, and other buses
- Frequent services mean minimal waiting times
- Air conditioned with designer comfort seats
- Wheelchair and pushchair friendly buses
Visit this page for more information on buses. And for full details and to find out the best way for getting to and from the city, check out Auckland Transport's journey planner here .